Episode: #16 Darya Rose on how small changes to your diet can drastically improve your life
Who: Today’s guest is Darya Rose, who is the creator of the health upgrade website Summer Tomato, holds a PhD in Neuroscience and is the author of the awesome Foodist book. Today we discuss all things food and health related, and how subtle changes to our approach to food can change our lives in a dramatic way.
What we cover:
- Who she is
- Summer tomato
- Is what we eat, really something that we should worry about?
- How food affects you mentally, physically and emotionally?
- The biggest challenge we face with food in the modern world
- Where most people go wrong trying to lose weight
- Why you should pick ‘real food’ over processed food
- What affects the foods we eat
- The changes that happen to you when you switch to real foods
- The easiest way to switch to eating better and real foods
- More effective ways to shop to save your money and health
- Why it is so difficult to get the ideal diet but there are ideal eating guidelines that anyone can implement to eat better and be better
- How to tell what real hunger is and when it’s something else causing it
- Why you should really look at what your eating and how it can make such a big difference to your life
- Her top three tips for someone to improve their health right now
- Why diets suck – why you should look to add rather than subtract to succeed
- Simple things you can do to help improve your health, little things to make big changes
- Why most people struggle with cooking when they try to become healthier
- What ‘food moralizing’ is and why it is a terrible way to do things
- The times that trying to eat healthier is the worst time to learn and when you can succeed
- What is the ‘Mindful Meal Challenge’ and why it can change your eating habits dramatically
- How she deals with the ‘Fast Break’ questions
- Why you should never roast a chicken near Kevin Rose and Tim Ferriss
- The Random Show
- What she thinks about when eating a mushroom
- What she thinks you should check out on her site first
- Why she is not a big fan of ‘The Biggest Loser’
- What you should take from this interview
- How to keep in touch with her
- So much more
Connect with the guest:
- Darya’s website is here
- Find out more info on her book here
- View her Instagram here
- Follow her on Twitter here
- Like her on Facebook here
- Subscribe to her Youtube channel here
Something to reflect on:
Food is something we all rely on to survive. However, what we eat and how we eat it can have a massive difference to us and our health. Are you eating for you or are you eating because you are bored and need something to do? Are you eating healthy or letting food control you? Listen to Darya, make the small changes and watch the impact build and make a drastic change to your health.
Listen & Subscribe to the podcast here:
If you enjoy the podcast, please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
Check out this episode!
A product that you should check out!
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who offer some amazing products for you to check out.
I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
For all affiliate deals, special offers and reader exclusives, please click this awesome link: Let’s see them affiliates!
Want to listen to another episode?
To see all current episodes, simply click here.